Thursday 9 October 2014

THANKS TO A FACEBOOK FRIEND, CHARLES KEHINDE ALASHOLUYI

 I do not know this young Nigerian enough to say that I want to write an article about him, in fact, I have never met him before in my life, our relationship is merely a technological one, like the one the whole world is conforming with lately, basically one which entails clicking on the like button when we see each other’s updates that we like, nothing extraordinary from the way we relate with the teeming number of “friends” if those we somehow find saddled among our friends´ list on the social media (Facebook) could really be referred to as friends.


  But the truth is, I am fascinated by the many informative and above all so many enlightenment projects with great conviction that this young man is carrying out with his blog and his Facebook account, especially as relates to the issue of the over 200 abducted Chibok girls. He is probably the only Nigerian today if not the only person in the world, at least that I know of, that has been keeping the daily record of the abducted chibok girls on his Facebook Updates from day 1 up till now. Although, I am also committed to this cause and have maintained my #Bringbackourgirls profile photograph until the girls are hopefully brought back to reunite with their families but then I want to seize this medium to laud the daily effort of this young Facebook friend, Charles Kehinde Alasholuyi for not giving up even when world momentum on the issue appear to have died down.


  One key thing lacking in most Africans is the spirit of resilience, we give up too soon and this is one of the areas where our local and international oppressors appear to have us constantly under control, they know we cannot resist for far too long and so they just hang on and wait for the momentum to pass away.


  This young man, Charles Kehinde Alasholuyi has proved that he is not the type of Nigerian to be taken so lightly or one that easily chickens out of his conviction and commitment. I cannot say more since like I said, I do not know him much more than I know everyone on my Facebook friends’ list, but I just want to show him that some of us Nigerians still know how to appreciate little but positive gestures. Thank you for waking everyday and showing you care about our abducted daughters.    

No comments:

Post a Comment