Wednesday 10 September 2014

A HERO NAMED “OBASANJO”

  I sincerely did not expect that I would one day be saying something in favor of Rtd. General Olusegun Obasanjo, but here am I praising an Obasanjo after all.  I have tried as much I can to make this piece not have anything to do with the septuagenarian and former Nigerian Military and civilian leader, but much as I tried, I just cannot avoid mentioning the name, OBASANJO.


  A new Nigerian hero was born into our nation where lately the word hero has become a taboo word in our national dictionary. Lt Col. Adeboye Obasanjo was shot on the leg two days ago when the Boko Haram sect attacked a platoon he was leading.  Lt. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo, an army engineer attached to the 3rd Division in Jos, Plateau State and son of the former Nigerian head of state, Rtd Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo led his platoon when they came under heavy enemy attack in Baza, Adamawa State where 24 other Nigerian military personnel were killed and an armored tank belonging to the Nigerian army allegedly seized by the Boko Haram.

  On behalf of other patriotic Nigerians, I wish to thank Lt. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo who is presently recovering in a military hospital from bullet wounds sustained and the rest of our brave soldiers who against all odds are still continuing to engage the deadly Boko Haram sect and defending the integrity of our nation. We are indeed very grateful for all your efforts, heroes of our time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment