Sunday 3 August 2014

BURKA UNDER THE HOT SUMMER SUN IN MADRID

  The sun could poach and even fry an egg as I walk down the street feeling like stripping off my clothes, it was around 39 degrees celsius in Madrid city centre that day, I began to envy and to some extent understand those men and women I had despised severally for defending nudism as they call it, a queer philosophy of freaks I had often thought each time I listened to their arguments.  

  It was so hot that even birds were on “flight strike” on that day as they all converged at the fountains in the different parks in Madrid as I dragged past, panting with fatigue.

  The last thing I was really expecting to see was a woman all clad in the islamic burka….  My God, in this scotching sun! I screamed to myself. I couldn´t believe my eyes. The truth is I am a very tolerant person when it comes to beliefs and religions, but sometimes I think we think too much in the stead of God and forget that we are only humans.

   Heat can cause from dizziness to serious respiratory problems and even damage our lungs, heat stroke can provoke sudden death. So why would anyone oblige this woman to dress like this under this scotching sun? Or if she wore this outfit with her own discretion why did she do it?


  As I dragged myself away under that hellish sun many questions kept re-echoing in my mind and I managed to murmur a word as I raised my eyes towards the sky; <God, forgive me and help me even if I decide to walk naked someday, for whatever reason> 



No comments:

Post a Comment